12.25.2006

a wild navidad

LIfe in Antigua continues to go well.  It is absolutely beautiful here amidst the volcanoes and colonial architecture.  The city is also a hub for international travelers of all sorts, so I have had no shortage of people with which to share in Christmas cheer.  Honestly, I haven't even had to use Spanish all that much because of the mobs of foreigners, but I am OK with that, I am on vacation (my mantra of the week).
 
Christmas dinner was spent way up on a hill overlooking the city at a hostel/farm called Earth Lodge.  They cooked an excellent organic feast,complete with honey glazed ham that was raised on the farm.  It was excellent:garlic mashed potatoes, fresh bread, veggies,ham,and pumpkin pie for dessert.  Amazing!  The evening was capped back in town at a Irish pub just jammed packed with travelers.  The place stayed open until 3am so that all the lonely backpackers and expats could drink and dance the night away.  I didn't see santa, but I did see a an Irish man do a jig on a table with a bottle of rum in his hands. 
 
So today I will have another traditional dinner at the Black Cat and then turn in early.  Tomorrow is ladies night and wednesday I plan on hiking a volcanoe.  Enjoy a few select pics.  More to follow soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shella Bella!
It sounds like you are having quite an adventure. I'm glad you got over your jungle fever, got power and enjoyed your holiday! Miss you tons!