7.23.2008

The END

Sadly, this will be my last piece of writing here. My adventure/journey/life in Belize is over, whatever that may mean. Even now, as I type this on my new BlackBerry while sipping a latte and watching CNN, it all seems like a crazy dream.

I have yet to have any freak-outs or breakdowns, but I have been too busy catching up my life here to really process it all.

To close this out, I will simple say thank you to everyone, both in the USA and in Belize (my two homes). Without all of your love and support these past 25 months would have been impossible. And to those who have read my wandering musings, either faithfully or occasionally, you have my gratitude.

Finally, here is a piece of unsolicited advice: take those risks, live your dreams, and do those things that you have always wanted to do, not just despite the fact that people may think that you are crazy, but perhaps because being the crazy one is just what you need.

3 comments:

Mica Clark-Peterek said...

Oh Shella! I love it! How is the Blackberry? We miss you!

Peace Corps Journals said...

Just found out your blog was referenced in Dec. 2007 in a PhD dissertation on Peace Corps in the 21st century.

http://tinyurl.com/p9gmyj
(see pg 163)

-Mike Sheppard
RPCV / The Gambia (03-05)
www.PeaceCorpsJournals.com

BelleAnne said...

Thank you Mike for sending me that link. I read the quote that she pulled from my blog, and I was a little disappointed by it, something to the effect of escaping a real job. Not at all what my entire service was like considering I was doing Masters International and the Peace Corps experience has definitely been key in my career. Oh well, she had a point to make, only wish she would have asked my permission.