6.04.2007

Hurikayne Seezon

It's that time of year, ladies and gentleman, that exciting season that we
have all been anticipating. It's HURRICANE SEASON! Finally, after months
of hum-drum weather and pathetic little rain showers, we are cranking up the
power. Bring on the inch a minute precipitation and the palm rattling
winds.

I have my pig-tail bucket* all packed up with soda crackers and peanut
butter and I have my radio tuned to Belize Love FM** for all those
informative updates. All I need now is a storm. So weather Gods, don't
disappoint me this year, I need a little action. Not too much, no category
3 and above please, but something to keep life interesting. A good
evacuation and rations by candle-light while the thunder and lightening
lights up the sky, doesn't that sound romantic? Keep it tuned here for
updates.

Just one month until my big trip to the states! Looking forward to fresh
raspberries, real ice cream, air conditioning, movie theatres, coffee shops,
summer ale, pine trees, and all of you.

- Love


------------
* A pig-tail bucket is a 5-gallon bucket (known as a car-wash bucket back in
the states) that once contained pickled pig-tails, a Belizean delicacy.
These buckets seal tightly, are water-proof, and also make great extra
seating for guests.
** The only station where you can get news, Celine Dion, weather, Big
N'Rich, and Bob Marley in the same hour.

No comments: