5.09.2008

The Beginning of the End

My Toledo Buddies: Jeff, Matty, and Michael


Peace Corps Belize: 2006 - 2008


The countdown has begun, officially I have 68 days of being a Peace Corps Volunteer left and now that my training group has completed our "Close of Service" conference, I can truly feel that only a couple of months, some hard work, a little traveling, and a bunch of sad goodbyes (not to mention a whole host of medical tests) separate me from that plane ride back to "reality." I have, of course, mixed emotions about leaving; mostly I am excited and looking forward to being home, but I also have a very real and fulfilling life here in Belize that I will wrap up and process. Today, I said goodbye to close friends, some of whom I know I will see again, but who knows what will happen as we all start to focus on the journeys that we will take following Peace Corps Belize and whether our paths will cross again. Above is a photo of our group, down from the original 40 but still close and strong, in Corozal with the beautiful Caribbean Sea at our backs. 


No comments: