5.17.2008

Appreciate: Week 1

In the spirit of embracing and recognizing all the great things that have made up these past two years, I am going to devote a moment each day to an appreciation. Over the next two months, I will compile and share these recognitions once a week, so that by the time I leave Belize I will have 66 reminders of the great things that I too often take for granted.

May 11 – May 18

66: I appreciate my hammock and the time to enjoy it. Even the worse days (like today) are rectified by a little R&R in my hammock in front of my fan.
65: I appreciate my mosquito net. Even when it is too hot to bring it down, the magical canopy keeps the fantasy of my jungle life alive.  
64: I appreciate the sound of the water coming through the bridge. A low gurgling complemented by the whistling birds and rustling iguanas.
63: I appreciate the bittersweet, slightly gritty chocolate made from fresh, organic cacao grown in my backyard.
62: I appreciate the “pool,” a deep, shaded, waterfall-fed spot in my river that turns hot afternoons into paradise
61: I appreciate the Snack Shack, my PG breakfast spot with real coffee, wireless internet, and a giant burrito by the sea.
60: I appreciate mango season and all the 13 varieties of sticky, juicy, sweet, mangoes that are now at the market

No comments: