10.31.2006

Boo

Halloween has always been one of my favorite heathen holidays. There is really no other point to it  other than dressing up, having a big party, acting silly, and eating lots of sugar. Thankfully these things are also true here in Belize, at least in the world of Peace Corps volunteers who occasionally need a reason to gather and pretend that we are still Americans and that there is some normalcy to our crazy lives.

So me as the Belizean Tooth Fairy traveled to Cayo, 6 hours each way, to mingle with a coral snake, the Prime Minister (who had no pants on), superman, a witch, a few cross dressers, and a host of other weirdos.  I got the farthest traveled award, not to mention the best dental work done out of aluminum foil. 

Now it is almost November and there is a surprisingly refreshing breeze blowing through Toledo.  I got a little chilly last night as the temperatures dipped into the mid 70's, so I went out and purchased my first blanket.  Compared to last week of 100's, the mid 80's are feeling very very nice, and rumor has it that by Christmas I may see 60 degrees.  One can only hope. 

My sitemate, Jeff, was recently interviewed for his hometown newspaper in Manchester, Maine, and it was a nice article and worth a read. Here is the link
Taking to village life <http://kennebecjournal.mainetoday.com/news/local/3254457.shtml>.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, I never did figure out how to send you a text message. A comment is probably just as good. So, we had our Evans Halloween Party today and there certainly weren't any Belezian Tooth Fairies, but then again, there also weren't any Shellas. We miss you here at Evans. Hope you're well!

Love,
Jana