8.06.2006

Back from the Island


A weekend in San Pedro - all for the price of a water taxi.  Somehow I lucked out and was able to get a place to crash my head, along with 15 other volunteers on one of Belize's top tourist destinations.  Just watch out for the golf carts.  Many people will tell you, and agree with them, that it is more dangerous to be a pedestrian in San Pedro, the land of a 1000 golf carts, than in Belize City.  Something about jacked up 4-wheel drive carts with no speed limits that is really freaky and out of control. Now I am back in Belize City, feeling safe and thoroughly sunburnt.  6 weeks in country and my stomach and back saw sun for the first time yesterday.  Now I am possess a sweet tan and look like I have actually been living in the tropics. 

Tomorrow I catch the 5:30am express bus to PG (Punta Gorda) and see for the first time my village of Blue Creek and my new home.  I hear from several reputable sources that it is a great village que es muy bonita.  So look forward to a couple of beach pictures as well as some from the lovely Blue Creek, Toledo.

No comments: